Saturday, January 24, 2009

A very sweet sick day- The Life Aquatic

I've been ill for the last few days, starting the day before my first ever review. As nobody is reading this blog yet I don't mind too much about the quality of my reviews. One plus side comes out of being sick; I get to lie in bed and watch a bunch of movies.
Right now the credits are rolling for the film "The Life Aquatic", which recently I saw a photoshopped picture of an advertisement saying "You'll see this movie because Bill Murray is in it" and I can't believe somebody would say that about such a good movie. I think it's one of the sweetest recent films(I say recent as in a movie that wasn't made in 2000), seeing as it came out in 2004 and is a potential classic. Although there's a bit of adult humour, and some humour that most people won't understand I think it could almost be one of those family movies that everybody watches and loves, unlike every other movie that has been put in the "family" genre except home alone 1 and 2....none of the other horrible sequels. Home Alone 3 sucked donkey balls and John Williams didn't even do the music for it...Home Alone isn't Home Alone without Kevin and John Williams.
The movie runs for almost 2 hours and is entertaining pretty much the whole way through if you're in the right mood. If you don't want to take in some different humour then maybe watch some shitty american show like 2 and a half men or darma and greg or some shit.
I for one, laughed every time I saw the token black man playing David Bowie songs on his acoustic guitar and singing them in a different language, and how he seemed oblivious to everything else goign on around him. Not only was this a cool adventurous plot with witty humour, I was suprised when a firefight scene popped up in the middle of nowhere. It was FREAKIN AWESOME in my opinion. I don't want to rant so long as to ruin the whole film, so I say that if you like a good laugh and occasionally a bit of action and adventure, get this movie out from your video store or if you ever go along to your girlfriend's DVD nights then get this one out. For a movie coming out these days, it was a freakin masterpiece. 8/10

No comments: